Mermaid is dedicated to presenting a high-quality visual arts experience for visitors to the gallery with a year-long curated programme of exhibitions, seminars and talks, alongside regular artists’ screenings in Mermaid’s Auditorium.
Mermaid’s mission is to
• Present a diverse and balanced programme of contemporary art by Irish and international artists
• Present work that represents all aspects of contemporary art practice
• Engage audiences with the work of contemporary artists
• Create accessible entry points into exhibitions and artworks for Mermaid audiences
• Explore new and innovative ways to facilitate access and to encourage audience development and participation
• Provide an artist-centred approach and curatorial support for emerging and established artists working towards exhibitions and projects in Mermaid
• Provide opportunities for artists with a Wicklow connection and to support their professional development
• Examine and experiment with ways in which contemporary art is presented
• Work in partnership with other national and international institutions
Visual Arts Submissions
Mermaid presents approximately eight exhibitions every year with an accompanying programme of screenings and events. Exhibitions are generally programmed a year in advance. While we do not solicit proposals for exhibitions, we welcome artists and curators to inform us of their artistic practice and upcoming events and exhibitions by email email@example.com or by post.