Wicklow Screendance Laboratory is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for:
- Participants 1) choreographers who have dance works to show; 2) film and dance artists who will create short dance films to be shown at the festival to be held between Oct 17thand 20th 2018
- Submissions of short films to be screened during the conference
The purpose of this venture is to capitalise on the many linked agencies and platforms of creative arts in and around Wicklow/Dublin, with a special emphasis on dance and film.
Wicklow Screendance Laboratory 2018 is a 4-day-long symposium that will draw choreographers, dancers and film makers together to create an exploratory experience within dance-and-film, in county Wicklow. The event will be led by Dr Adrienne Brown, with invited guest artists Marisa C Hayes and Franck Boulègue of International Video Dance Festival of Burgundy (France) and Jasmine Morand director of Prototype Status (Switzerland). Adrienne Brown’s 30-year span of choreographic work is housed in the National Dance Archive, University of Limerick and she is a former Chair of Dance Ireland (2008 – 2013). She holds a PhD from the School of Music, University College Dublin (2012).
LOCATION(S): Mermaid Arts Centre, Bray: http://www.mermaidartscentre.i...
Bray Institute of Further Education, Bray: http://www.bife.ie/
Bray Bowl, Bray: http://www.braydance.com/
Inchicore College of Further Education, Dublin: http://www.inchicorecollege.ie...
DATES: October 17th – 20th 2018
The Laboratory/Symposium will be a meeting place for artists, scholars, curators, students and others interested in exploring the movement and choreography of moving images. It is a development programme for practitioners who want to learn more about, and immerse themselves in a medium of exploration and exchange, under the expert guidance of leading European mentors. Hayes and Boulègue have run the acclaimed Festival of Video Screen Dance, (Bourgogne, France) and the online forum Numéridanse over many years. This will be their second time to teach in Ireland, and are this year joined by acclaimed dance/film artist Jasmine Morand. This event will specifically target:
- Choreographers who have pieces in development or complete that they would be interested in showing
- Dancers/choreographers who are at a stage in their careers where they wish to move into film
- Interdisciplinary cross-fertilisation between art form practitioners such as literature/film/sound/music/dance etc.
- The use of natural resources in Wicklow, including theatre space, studios, and landscapes
- Artists who wish to train in film, editing and production
- Public interest in ideas and practice in the above areas; symposium to include public discussion and showings
Dates: Oct 17th – 20th
Cost: Should your dance piece or film be selected for screening or performance, a registration fee of €10 will apply & attendance at all festival events will be free of charge. (You will be notified of method of payment when you’ve been informed of successful application)
How to Apply: Complete the relevant application form below
Film submissions: https://goo.gl/forms/CK2aJeEPi...
Film submissions: scratch films/ works-in-progress: https://goo.gl/forms/2tjN3Bydi...
See our FAQ's HERE
Deadline: July 27th at 5pm
Notice of acceptance: mid-August
If you have any queries please email: email@example.com
Films selected for screening will be shown at a cinema screening event at Mermaid Arts Centre.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: July 27th at 5pm
Submissions must include a link to Vimeo / YouTube footage, supplying passwords where appropriate.
The length of the films cannot exceed 15 minutes
* Note - There is no honorarium for works submitted. Artists / Film-makers submitting films MUST ENSURE AND CONFIRM permission AND all rights are retained for a public showing of the films during the symposium.
* Files / films are played from a Macbook Pro normally, HD files with a .mov or .avi extension (we are not screening dcp 2 k versions)
Dance pieces selected for showing will be presented at at Mermaid Arts Centre and Bray Bowl Dance studio.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: July 27th at 5pm
A short sample of the work should be sent via Vimeo / YouTube footage, supplying passwords where appropriate.
The length of the dance piece cannot exceed 10 minutes
* Note - There is no honorarium for works submitted. Artists / Film-makers submitting films MUST ENSURE AND CONFIRM permission AND all rights are retained for a public showing during the symposium.
Terms and Conditions
- Please supply Name, email address, a short Biography and your reasons for applying to the Laboratory (see application form).
- There is no honorarium for works submitted, or attendance at the Laboratory. Wicklow Screendance Laboratory retains the rights to public showing of films during the symposium.
- *Please note full attendance is mandatory for all participants in the Laboratory*
This initiative has been funded through the Arts Council Festival Fund, Wicklow County Council Festival Awards and is also supported by Mermaid County Wicklow Arts Centre.
Follow Wicklow Screendance Facebook page HERE and on Twitter @WScreendanceLab