Please note this event was originally due to take place on the 20th of October and has been rescheduled to Wednesday 14th of December.
A powerful and uplifting duet exploring ageing and care.
Dances Like a Bomb is the latest work by multi-award-winning dance innovators Junk Ensemble, performed by acclaimed actor Mikel Murfi and leading Irish dance artist Finola Cronin (formerly of Pina Bausch's Tanz Theater Wuppertal).
Celebrating the strength and beauty of mature bodies and challenging the cult of youth, the performers are heroic, vulnerable, comedic, acerbic, and completely themselves. They care fiercely for each other and defend their independence. As they hold each other up and push each other down, the universality of ageing and the ‘performance’ of age is unpacked, alongside the limits of love and care.
Blending visceral imagery, dance, text and music, Dances Like a Bomb is a reclaiming of the ageing body.
‘The superb performers Finola Cronin and Mikel Murfi are wise, not just in years but in performances, their seen-it-all experience onstage ensuring that they can deliver whimsy with a few home truths’Michael Seaver, The Irish Times on Dances Like a Bomb
‘Murfi is stop- start, like a colourful comic-strip brought to life; Cronin’s performance is fluid like a dream.’Chris McCormack on Dances Like a Bomb
- Created and Directed by Jessica Kennedy, Megan Kennedy
- Choreography created in collaboration with the cast
- Performers Finola Cronin, Mikel Murfi
- Set Design Sabine Dargent
- Music Denis Clohessy
- Lighting Design Stephen Dodd
- Costume Design Saileóg O'Halloran
- Text Finola Cronin, Mikel Murfi
- Voice Coach Andrea Ainsworth
- Set Construction Ger Clancy
- Stage Manager Jennifer Aust
- Production Manager Simon Bird
- Chief LX Alan Mooney
- Producer Gwen Van Spÿk
- Assistant Producer Michelle Cahill
Video credit: Luca Truffarelli