Guidelines for Attending Shows
Welcome back to live performance at Mermaid Arts Centre. We are thrilled to welcome you. The safety and comfort of all our visitors is a priority for us, so here’s some information on what we’re doing, and what we’re asking of you when you visit, to ensure and an enjoyable experience for all:
- Whilst we recognise that mask wearing is no longer a mandatory requirement and is a personal choice, for the safety of others we are encouraging all patrons to wear masks when moving throughout the building and during performances. These can be removed for the consumption of food and drinks as appropriate, or where medical exemptions apply.
- We respectfully ask if you feel unwell, or have been in contact with someone who is unwell, please do not attend the centre or any of our performances. Please refer to HSE.ie for full public health advice on Covid-19 and telephone Box Office who will offer you a credit note.
- We are still providing hand sanitiser dispensers for your safety. Please make use of our hand sanitising stations at entry & exit points.
- To keep you safe we have reviewed ventilation in our auditorium. We’re happy to report that the auditorium is very well ventilated: Mermaid’s air handling system completes 20-30 full air changes per hour with unfiltered fresh air – well above the recommended 12-14 changes for equivalent spaces.
- Our staff have been updated and trained on all the necessary procedures and policies so do please co-operate with their requests to ensure a safe and pleasant experience for everyone.
- Sit back and enjoy the show!
If you have any queries on the above, you can contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 01-2724030
Covid-19 Refund Policy
We respectfully ask if you feel unwell or have been in contact with someone who is unwell, has travelled from abroad and/or is isolating, please do not attend the centre or any of our performances. Please refer to HSE.ie for full public health advice on Covid-19 and telephone Box Office on 01-2724030 who will offer you a credit note.
At the moment all bookings are through Box Office on 01-2724030.
Please be aware that our Box Office team will ask you some Covid-19 screening questions upon booking.
Our Box Office can be reached on 01 2724030. Opening hours are Monday to Saturday 11am to 4pm, open until 7.30pm on performance nights.
Payment may be made by credit card (VISA, MasterCard or Visa Debit). No charges or booking fees apply. Tickets should be collected from the Box Office at least 15 minutes in advance of the performance.
Payment may be made in cash or credit card (VISA, MasterCard or Visa Debit). No charges or booking fees apply.
Once purchased, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded. Please note that events are subject to change. Please confirm details at time of booking.
From January 2023, all ticket prices at Mermaid will include a facility fee of €1, with the exception of cinema tickets.
Running our business efficiently and sustainably is a core value at Mermaid Arts Centre, and one of our current strategic goals is to maximise Mermaid’s impact through ensuring we have the capacity and resources to deliver on our ambitions sustainably.
The facility fee will contribute to the costs of refurbishing our existing infrastructure (for example, making the switch to LED lamps which are more energy efficient) and will support the long-term sustainability of our venue. In turn, this will ensure we can continue to deliver the highest quality experience for our audiences, performers, and producers.
The facility fee of €1.00 per ticket will be integrated into the price advertised. The price listed on all marketing materials including our website, flyer and posters will already include the facility fee and there will no extras added to the final amount in your basket or at the box office. This fee is non-refundable.
Your ongoing support for Mermaid Arts Centre is deeply appreciated.
Concessions are available to students, senior citizens and the unemployed on the majority of performances.
On receipt of your ticket confirmation email, please check the details are correct. If there are any problems, please call the Box Office for clarification.
We are moving towards paper-less ticketing. Whether you purchase online or over the phone your tickets will be emailed to you, open this confirmation email on your smart phone and click on the blue button which says 'click to download your ticket'. A QR code will appear which is your ticket and you simply scan this QR code with our ushers at the auditorium door. If you have any difficulties, our front of house team or box office can help. If you don't have a smart phone no need to worry as box office can print off a paper ticket you for.
Groups & Schools
We all enjoy nights out with friends. So at Mermaid groups of ten or more get a 10% discount on selected shows. Please enquire at Box Office at the time of booking to check if the group rate is available for your chosen show.
One teacher goes free with every ten pupils booked for a schools event at Mermaid. See what schools events we having coming up. Alternatively if you would like to organise a special event for your school such as a film screening or concert please contact email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
- The management reserves the right to refuse admission.
- Latecomers will not be admitted until there is a suitable break in the performance.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded unless a performance is cancelled.
- The management reserves the right to make essential changes to the cast or programme without prior notice.
- No photographic or other recordings may be made without prior consent of the management.
Purchase your gift vouchers online or at our box office.
Gift vouchers purchased online can be printed at home. They are valid for 5 years and can be used to enjoy any performance at Mermaid from cinema to theatre and everything in between.
To purchase online just click the link below. Alternatively drop into us or call our box office team on 01 2724030.